Wednesday, November 29, 2017

EnergyAustralia - Cashbacks [New Customers Only] [Requires Work]

EnergyAustralia - Cashbacks [New Customers Only] [Requires Work]

Ok, I know something similar/same has been posted before. But I want to elaborate on a process that could give a bit more in returns. I wanted to post this earlier but held back till I could confirm, through my own personal experience all that I'm about to state. I got about two months of electricity and gas for free this way, but then again my household energy usage is quite low and YMMV.

  • Step 1. Sign up for EnergyAustralia Electricity & Gas via Cashrewards. That would net you $126 in cashback provided you are a new customer

  • Step 2. The Cashrewards link will direct you to the EnergyAustralia online sign-up page. New online sign-ups will get $50 credit on their first Electricty AND Gas bill. This may not be really necessary but, take a screen shot of the offer page as a backup in case you don't get the credit (I didn't have any such issue). I can confirm that both the cashback and the sign-up credit offers stack.

  • Step 3 (Bonus) (Velocity Frequent Flyer account required): Once your electricity & gas services are active. Login into your online account portal and scroll down to the "velocity frequent flyer" section and link your account. This will get you a $100 Virgin Australia Holidays voucher sent via email after a few weeks. I sold my voucher for $50 on OzB Classifieds

So my personal net "Cashback" was 126 (cashrewards)+ 100 (signup credit) + $50 (Voucher sale) = $276. This covered 2 months of my energy bills and now I'm going to port out of EnergyAustralia for another provider as their rates are not that great.

Note:
My cashrewards approval date initially showed up as 3 months from date of sign-up and then it went up to 6 months. I raised a ticket with cashrewards and asked them why it was taking that long for approval as I already paid for my first billing cycle. In response, cashrewards just approved the cashback immediately.

Also, it may be possible to talk to EnergyAustralia customer care and negotiate better discount percentages after you sign-up online. That way you may get even better mileage from this deal. But be sure to confirm with the representative that it won't cancel out the $50 credit

EnergyAustralia products are not sold or available in NT, WA, TAS or outside of the Energex network in QLD.

I'm not sure if this post needs to stay on the deals section or the forums. It's my first time posting a not-so-straightforward deal so please….. be kind.



from OzBargain | New Deals, Coupons, Vouchers and Freebies http://ift.tt/2AIZCAM

No comments:

Post a Comment