Sunday, December 31, 2017

Free 'Emergency Home Assist (Lite)' with NAB Home (or Landlord) Insurance (2x $300 Tradie Callouts Per Year), Usually $123/Year

Free 'Emergency Home Assist (Lite)' with NAB Home (or Landlord) Insurance (2x $300 Tradie Callouts Per Year), Usually $123/Year

Was originally going to post as a forum topic, but heck - it's a deal! Plz be nice to a poor Ozbargainer trying to help his fellow comrades.

Thought I would share my experiences and recommendation for home insurance. I've had a great experience with NAB, they use Allianz, but have Emergency Home Assist included. You can purchase separately for $123/year, so I guess it's a $123/year saving, but so far it's saved me $600. It's not new deal by any means, but I thought it'd be worth sharing.

cue personal story

Just got back from my honeymoon today on New Years Day! Started cooking lunch and the power tripped (or so I thought). Lights still worked, some appliances in the bedroom too… but kitchen and living-room power would not turn back on…. Fridge now without power, so need to get fixed ASAP. Father-in-law confirms that the circuit breaker is broken. Damn, I need an electrician… on a public holiday….

I remembered getting a letter with my NAB home insurance about 'emergency home assist'.

Call up the number - it's answered straight away. They sort out an electrician for me and <1hr later, I have everything working again…. nothing out of my pocket, no stress required.

Considering that NAB was the cheapest home insurance I could find anyway, at $921/yr…. this was awesome! You get two callouts per year, at $300 max each. If it's extra, you pay the difference, but it seems to me they have a dedicated 'on call team' that reply to most jobs and charge $300.

Not only this, but I have an investment property with NAB on a seperate policy. It also has NAB home assist. A couple of months ago, the tenant needed something urgently repaired, my property manager used 'NAB home assist' and I got the repair covered, gratis :)

So that's $600 saved so far. 100% recommend.



from OzBargain | New Deals, Coupons, Vouchers and Freebies http://ift.tt/2q7Fh3w

No comments:

Post a Comment